Tuesday, June 7, 2011

København Polis Mandtaller (Police Censuses) 1900-1923

These records are organized alphabetically by street name then within the street name are odd numbered dwellings followed by even numbered dwellings.

If you have an address, you're set.  If you don't, here is a link to online images of index cards http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/.  I actually had two addresses for my Great Great Grandparents (Niels Christian and Ingeborg Mortensen):  11 Korsgade and 3 Ole Bullsgade.

FHL# 376390 Ole Bullsgade bd 2138 1923-1919

Here are my grandparents:

The neat thing here is their former address in Ålborg is listed.  They were on Ole Bullsgade for May 1920 and Nov. 1920.  They are there in Feb. 1921 (See 1921 Folketælling) but they are not on the Nov. 1921 lists.  I jumped to 11 Korsgade.  This is the LDS mission office.  I found them in Nov. 1922.


Here is a close up of my grandparents.


Wow!  I have another place they lived  34 Øresundsgade.  I cannot wait until I go to Denmark again.  I can try and find these street addresses and take a look at another place my grandparents lived in Denmark.

Tak igen Sherry!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment