Tuesday, July 16, 2013

One Piano's journey

Have you wondered what the section on the Danish State Archives page titled Nummerbøger fra Hornung og Møller is?  It is the serial number register of the Hornung Møller piano company in Denmark.

I found a Hornung & Møller piano for sale in Salt Lake a few weeks ago.


I looked inside and found the serial number.


Then I was playing on the State Archives site for Denmark and found the Nummerbøger fra Hornung og Møller.  Naturally, I had to look up this piano that is now in Utah.
Hornung og Møller Nummerbøger 1919-1934 opslag 84

Unfortunately, it did not list who bought it originally.  It does say that it is a Rococo style and was built 9 Sep. 1930.

Then I found one in an auction.  It's serial number is 40410.



Hornung og Møller Nummerbøger 1934-1960 opslag 6
It was built 15 Dec. 1934 for Kirsten Free Hendriksen of Nørregade 50 in København.  It is also a Rococo style.  And of course since I had a name, I had to check the census.
1930 Folketælling København Nørregade 50 (Nørregade lige nr. opslag 547)

No comments:

Post a Comment